Position: Agile Portfolio Lead
Location: Dubai, UAE
The Agile Portfolio Lead is responsible for Managing interfaces and dependencies of features /
Epics, which need to be delivered through multiple Agile and non-Agile teams.
The Agile Portfolio Lead is responsible for making sure that the requirements of a feature/ Epic is
placed on the backlog of the relevant teams with the right priority and timing.
The Agile Portfolio Lead is also Scrum Master of Scrum Masters team with an Agile portfolio (Scrum
of Scrums). He/She is responsible for facilitating and coordinating of the activities within the Agile
portfolio. In addition, the Agile Portfolio Lead will act as a point of escalation for any issues or risks,
ensuring complete focus on delivering efficiency and business value in the Agile delivery squads,
where he/she is responsible for.
The Agile Portfolio Lead escalates impediments, helps manage risks, helps ensure value deliveries,
and drives continuous improvements throughout the squads.
The Agile Portfolio Lead must be a team player who takes ownership for the delivery within his/her
area. He must manage and optimize the flow of value through the squads.
The Agile Portfolio Lead must be a proficient communicator able to raise and discuss issues and
conflicts with senior stakeholders.
Key Results Main Tasks
1. Agile Deliveries
• Ability to work under pressure, manage client
expectations effective and not get
overwhelmed by client pressures on team
• Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
• Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
Excellent planner who can plan 2-3 steps ahead of the team and surface hidden risks 2-3 levels deep within
2. Scrum of
• Establish strong relationships with Scrum / product owners to understand strategic, tactical and operational
challenges in Business units, define technology solutions to address and arrive solutions
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence senior client business and IT executives on
transforming towards agile
• Enjoys and gets energized by complex problem solving and ability to push the innovation on solutions
• Ability to work at an abstract level and continuously ‘pivot’ to arrive at the highest impact answer for the client
• Well versed with automated build and test strategies using DevOps tools
• Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or
being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving
• Excellent leadership skills and enjoys teaching / mentoring others
• Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution