Position: Cloud Network Security Engineer
Location: Dubai, UAE
Marc Ellis are working on behalf of a leading tech company and are searching for a Cloud Network
Security Engineer. To be considered for this role you must have the below experience.
Cloud Network Security Engineer function is to administer and maintain the network footprint in the
cloud with a bit of administration of on-prem network devices (mainly Routers, Firewalls, Load
Balancers, IPS). The candidate must be able to describe in detail the infrastructure or topology he is
administering or used to administer, what administrative tasks did he perform and how.
Technical skills required:
• Understanding of networking concepts: mainly routing, encrypted communication (i.e., IPsec),
network segmentation and load-balancing.
• Track record of administering enterprise networks with footprints in public clouds (Azure, AWS,
GCP – Azure is preferred), including segmentation and network security.
• Track record of using automation (i.e., Terraform) for the network deployment in public clouds.
• Track record of working with physical and virtual firewall and load-balancer appliances
(preferably Palo-Alto, F5).
• Track record of working with the following protocols: Ethernet, IP, TCP, UDP, BGP, OSPF
• Deep understanding of network monitoring and observability concepts.
Technical skills (nice to have):
• WAN optimization
• Track record of using Python, Ansible or other open-source tools for network automation.
• Experience in building and maintaining NMS (Network Management System) and inventories
using open-source tools (Netbox, Telegraf, Nagios, Zabbix, icinga, InfluxDB, Grafana, ELK)
• Readiness to be on-call as L3 support as a part of rotation (not immediately required, but can be
required in the future)
• Understanding of ITSM practices and tolerance for going through tight change management