Title: Data Center Engineer / Operator
Location: Dubai, UAE
Duration: 15 months extendable
• Bachelor degree in electrical, electronics, or computer science.
• Five to ten years of experience in data centre design, operations and build outs (minimum 5 in UAE or Gulf
• UPTIME, CDCE, CDCP, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, ITIL .. is an additional.
• IT infrastructure systems in Data Centres and topology deep knowledge is mandatory.
• Knowledge in Data centre standards, tiers, procedures, and best practices.
• Data centre Service assurance, Service fulfilment and Service governance processes applications.
• Fully aware and experienced with 27X7X365 DC operational models and escalation matrixes.
• Technical hands-on in IT Infrastructure set-up (network, server, switches, … etc.)
• Deep knowledge in IT environment standards such as power set up, UPS power requirements, cooling
(HVAC), Security, racks, structured cabling and physical room layout.
• Professional in handling DCIM monitoring tools.
• Report preparation for DC design utilization (Space, power, and network).
• Professional practice of DC structured cabling E2E from main Cross Connect point to the server switch.
• Understand and explain the different types of DC tiers and ability to evaluate the best fit solution to secure
service owners requirements.
• Familiar with planned and emergency changes processes.
• Ability to manage suppliers and vendors to track deliveries, equipment warranties and after sales support.
• Knowledge on LAN and WAN and Telecom infrastructure.
• Work with project managers and DCO team on project designs and implementations.
• Work with vendors and contractors to provide documentation in support of Preventive Maintenance and
• Racking and patching of IT equipment’s.
• Ensures that all incidents are properly reported and documented.
• Participate in evaluation of vendor selections (RFP, RFI’s)
• In depth knowledge on validation of test results and Quality Inspection.
• knowledge of cooling (HVAC), power (UPS) and structured cabling requirements.
• Advanced skillset to perform troubleshooting analysis.
• Strong skills in Data Center Inventory management / Asset Management/ Documentation and change
• Knowledge with Building Management Systems (BMS) used for data centre monitoring.
• Excellent communication, organizational and problem resolution skills
• Skills in MS Office and Visio. DC related software/hardware installation, configuration, and testing practices.
• Basic knowledge of DC related software/hardware installation, configuration, and testing practices.
• Maintain an optimal physical Data Center environment.
• Understand system dependencies and apply critical thinking to resolution steps
• Aware of Disaster Recover standards and Business Continuity plans.