Job Title: Data Engineer – (Real Time Data streaming)
Job Location: Dubai – UAE
Job Duration: 12 months extendable
• Responsible to design, develop & manage Enterprise Data Warehouse modeling (Conceptual,
Logical, Physical & Virtual), including model consolidation and integration.
• Responsible for how the data will be stored, consumed and managed within the Enterprise Data
• Responsible for continuous & continual driving of data usage across the organization to drive the
• Provide guidance to developers, modelers and data administration concerning design and
transition to the physical data environment
• Recommend relational (RDBMS) and non-relational (NoSQL, Big Data, Doc DB) data storage
technologies suitable to meet business and data needs based on deep understanding of data and
• Drives the evaluation and adoption of emerging data warehouse technologies including Banking &
Financial sector Industry Standard Data Models for building an EDW.
• Liaise with support and operational units to ensure data processing SLAs are well defined and
• Responsible for designing, facilitating & maintaining metadata (business glossary, definition,
golden source, derivation logic, ownership, etc.), data lineage, quality, profiling, mining and master
• Manage and establish standards for naming and abbreviation conventions, data definitions,
ownership, documentation and change management procedures/techniques
• Minimum 2 years of professional experience in Banking & Finance industry
• Minimum 8 years of professional experience in Data Warehouse
• 6+ years of experienced in Data Mart and Warehouse Data Model designs
• Knowledge of Modern Data Warehouse Architecture
• Agility in delivery
• Data analysis/profiling and reverse engineering of data
• Expert in Informatica and modeling data with 8+ years of working experience
• Proficient in PL/SQL, UNIX scripting, etc.
• Expert knowledge in database and information modelling ER, Dimensional, Physical, Conceptual,
Logical, Virtual, hierarchical, semantic, etc.
• Experience in any Data Modelling tool like, IBM Data Architect, SAP Power Designer, Erwin
• Hands on experience on Sybase IQ, SAP Hana & Hadoop technologies.
• Solid knowledge of Data Warehouse principles
• Experience working in a Financial Industry
• Working knowledge in technical aspects of DW Governance including glossary, metadata, data
quality, master data management and data lifecycle management
• Should have excellent problem-solving and time management skills
• Strong analytical thinking skills