Job Description IT Automation and Service Management Tools Specialist
Job Description: As an IT Automantion Tools Specialist, your primary responsibility will be to support and facilitate the smooth transition of IT systems and tools within an organization. You will play a crucial role in ensuring that technology transitions are executed efficiently, minimizing disruptions to the business operations. You will also need to ensure that the tools are meeting the requirements of the business and are being adopted by the end users.
As the IT Automation Tools Specialist, some of your key responsibilities include:
1. Tools Planning: Collaborate with project teams, IT managers, and stakeholders to develop comprehensive plans for migrating IT systems and tools.
2. Tool Evaluation and Selection: Assess existing and potential IT tools, conduct research, and make recommendations on the best tools to support the organization’s needs during the automation and transformation process.
3. Tool Implementation: Coordinate the implementation and deployment of new IT tools, including configuration, testing, and integration with existing systems. Ensure proper documentation and training materials are created and provided to end-users.
4. Data Migration: Collaborate with data management teams to plan and execute the migration of data from legacy systems to new tools, ensuring data integrity and minimal disruption to business processes.
5. Change Management: Develop and implement change management strategies to support users during the implementation process. Provide training, user support, and address any concerns or issues that arise during the project. You will need to work closely with the Organizational Change Management Team to ensure that change impact assessments and change readiness assessments are conducted.
6. Risk Assessment and Mitigation: Identify potential risks and challenges associated with IT Projects and develop mitigation strategies. Work closely with project teams to address issues and minimize disruptions to the business.
7. Tool Enhancement and Improvements: Continuously evaluate the effectiveness of new tools. Identify areas for improvement and recommend changes to optimize efficiency and productivity. You will also be expected to maintain a backlog of enhancements needed for the Tools.
8. Collaboration and Communication: Foster strong relationships with stakeholders, project teams, and end-users. Communicate effectively to ensure a clear understanding of plans, timelines, and expectations.
9. Reporting: Provide regular reporting on tool implementation and adoptions. Reporting and progress updates to Leadership and Executives
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field.
• Proven experience in managing IT service transitions, preferably in a large organization.
• Strong knowledge of IT systems, tools, and infrastructure.
• Familiarity with project management methodologies and tools.
• Proficiency in data migration techniques and strategies.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a team and collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders.
• Attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to co-ordinate activities across multiple vendors
• Certifications in project management or IT service management (e.g., Prince 2, ACP, PMP, ITIL) are a plus.
We offer a competitive salary package, comprehensive benefits, and a dynamic and fast paced work environment. If you are a highly motivated and results-oriented professional with a passion for driving successful IT transitions, we would love to hear from you.