Position Title: Sr. Engineer – Network
Automation Engineer (DevNet/DevNetOps)
Location: Dubai, UAE
Type: 12 Months Extendable
Network Automation Engineer function (DevNet/DevNetOps) is to codify the network state (aka
infrastructure as a code) and automate configuration roll out to the devices and routine operational tasks.
You will be the network automation engineer will be responsible for codifying and automating its private
cloud on-prem network as well as scripting for the few other network tasks.
The candidate must be able to describe in details the infrastructure or topology he is administering or used
to administer, what administrative tasks did he automate and how.
The candidate must be able to describe his stakeholder management experience – it’s important for the
interviewer to tell whether the candidate understands and accept the concept of e2e accountability for
the accepted task.
– Understanding of network concepts, mainly routing. CCNP certification would be a big plus.
Deep understanding of MP-BGP and EVPN protocols and their implementation in DC fabrics would
be even a bigger plus.
– Track record of automating infrastructure tasks (Network,Linux) using Python or any other
programming language (however knowledge of Python and its applications for infrastructure
automation is a must).
– Track record of automating configuration management using Ansible or any other
configuration management tool (however knowledge of Ansible is a must).
– Track record of using Git and Jenkins to store and deliver infrastructure configuration,
including track record in writing Jenkins pipelines, including pre- and post-implementation tests.
– Understanding of YAML data-modeling and its purpose in infrastructure automation.
Hard-skills nice to have:
– Understanding of SQL, sufficient to organize storage of network data in a SQL database in a
– Understanding cloud networking (a known public cloud provider solution architect associate
or network specialization certification is a big plus).
– Track record of using Terraform.
– Experience in building and maintaining NMS and inventories using open source tools (Netbox,
Telegraf, Nagios, Zabbix, icinga, InfluxDB, Grafana, ELK)
Soft skills required:
Understanding of Agile delivery methodology, ability to plan and execute the work based on
the agreed backlog and report all impediments proactively and clearly.
– Understanding of the concept of e2e accountability for the task and stakeholder
management. Track record in stakeholder management is required.
– Ability to approach critical situations fully engaged, yet with cool mind and tolerance to the
environment that can be stressful at these critical times.
– Understanding of ITSM practices and tolerance for going through tight change management
– Clear oral and written English.
– Understanding that some network changes can only be done out of working hours and
acceptance that therefore out of hours work will occasionally occur.
– Readiness to be on-call as L3 support as a part of rotation (not immediately required, but can
be required in the future)