Title: Procurement Specialist
Location: Abu Dhabi
To plan and coordinate all procurement activities to ensure the supply of products and services in a timely and cost-effective manner.
•Interact with key stakeholders in identifying business needs, building relationships and selling
the features and benefits of early procurement involvement and assist with developing
detailed sourcing plans to maximize effectiveness and efficiency.
• Manage preparation, implementation and execution of procurement processes.
• Implement procurement processes to ensure efficiency, cost savings and best practices.
• Work with finance team throughout the procurement cycle to assist with forecasting and
• Assist the Head of Procurement and General Services in vendors’ selection and performance.
• Recommend selection of suitable bidders/vendors, prepare tender package and send requests
for quotation or bids including specifying terms, conditions, deadline, technical and
commercial details as per policy and procedures of the university.
• Carryout technical evaluation for selected low value tenders.
• Negotiate deals, prices, terms, quality and delivery options to meet end user satisfaction.
• Raise purchase orders, service orders and contracts as appropriate including all necessary
details like terms, conditions, prices, delivery schedules, technical details…etc and send to
• Re-negotiate contracts with suppliers to produce better savings and further value for spend.
• Create documentations necessary for the acquisition of materials and services.
• Review supplies, works and services to ensure compliance with the university’s procedures
and best procurement practice.
• Perform thorough evaluation of vendors according to set methodology and criteria and
recommends a preferred vendor.
• Provide updates about procurement related progress and potential delays on a daily base to
head of the procurement and general services.
• Maintain positive working relationships with strategic suppliers to assure cost, quality, and
delivery targets are met.
• Analyze market and delivery trends to develop procurement technologies and processes that
support those trends.
• Ensure continuous improvement across all services of the Procurement and General Services
• Undertake any other related duties as assigned by line manager
• Implement the plans to ensure seamless operations that facilitate the achievement of the University strategic objectives.
• Provide data in timely manner and support in preparing reports to the management and recommend operational improvements to support in planning, decision making and continuous improvement.
Financial & Organizational Management
• Implement corrective action as necessary and in line with the approved governance process to ensure complete adherence to section budget and highlight any deviation from the plan in a timely manner and take.
• Provide budget inputs to formulate section budget and submit for approval and further consolidation.
• Coordinate the collaboration with and engagement of relevant internal and external stakeholders to ensure effective achievement of programs and objectives in line with the Section’s strategic objectives.
Skills and Knowledge
Partnership & Collaboration
Problem Solving & Decision Making
Dedication to Quality & Excellence
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent. A master’s degree will be preferable
4 to 6 years of experience