The Project Manager is responsible to define objectives, plan, execute & monitor all IT & Non-IT Projects
within. The project manager will be responsible to manage projects from initiation phase to completion
and delivery of the project, within agreed timelines and budget.
This includes planning, acquiring of resources and coordinating the efforts of team members, external
consultants/contractors in order to deliver according to plan.
He /She will also monitor and control the quality of the deliverables throughout the project life cycle /
across every sprint delivery.
The job context and dimensions of the Project Manager will depend on the nature of the final
deliverables (product, service, etc.) and/or the nature of the customer (internal, or external: i.e. end
Maintain all work-stream/project plans, tracking and reporting progress and manage the risk/issue and
dependencies which will require having access to confidential business, financial and commercial
The job accountabilities for the Project Manager include, but are not limited to the following:
• Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business objectives in collaboration
with senior management and stakeholders ensuring technical feasibility
• Identify all the phases, activities and efforts needed to complete the project.
• Ensure that projects are delivered on schedule and within scope and approved budget
• Perform resource planning to identify all of the resources required to complete the project
• Develop comprehensive project plans and establish baselines to track progress
• Develop the communications methodology, frequency and method.
• Direct and manage the project development throughout its life cycle: initiation, planning,
• Track and manage defects and fixes wherever necessary
• Document all of the project inter-dependencies and list assumptions and constraints.
• Identify, manage and mitigate project risks throughout the project lifecycle
• Responsible for optimal conflict resolution within the project team.
• Organize workshops, including selection of venue, creation and provision of materials, selection
and invitation of attendees.
• Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and
• Analyze results and troubleshoot problem areas.
• Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential pain points, and devise and
implement contingency plans.
• Identify lessons learned, best practices and propose improvements to the project management
• Manage overall compliance with Legal, Audit, Risk Management divisions as well as compliance
with external and Central bank regulations with respect to electronic and mobile banking
solutions along with Business Owner.
• Lead daily/weekly stand-ups and Project Board/Steer Co. meetings.
• Ensure that all team members have the required information, timesheets and resources to carry
out their tasks effectively
Role Specific Knowledge:
• Excellent understanding of Project Management, planning, monitoring project planning,
monitoring & reporting within a large multi-faceted organization and a proven track record of
• Knowledge of different approaches to deliver project, including agile and waterfall
• High level of attention to detail, organized, structure way of thinking and delivery
• Strong interpersonal, people management and facilitation skills with an ability to secure buy-in
and bind people to proactively support project delivery (tact and diplomacy, influencing skills
and overall sensitivity to the implications of change)
• Experience of complex change management programs/business transformation and strategy
• Run projects, prepare project plan and provide MIS reports to PMO office
• Liaise with cross functional IT team members
• Manage & mitigate project issues and risks
• Manage project resources and team
• Manage project board and stakeholders
• Ensure availability of resources, meeting of timelines and other project details
• Ensure projects are aligned to and deliver against the Business objectives
• Identify continuous improvement opportunities
• Perform appropriate level of stakeholder management across IT, business units and vendors
• Serve as highest project internal escalation level
• Take appropriate actions if deadlines, quality or budget are significantly at risk
• Build and develop a high performing project team in order to deliver project results as per the