to provide technical support for teaching and research activities as required. To use the technical
skills for tasks that will include maintenance, repair, and update of hardware (electronics) and
specialist software for robots and related equipment.
Operate, maintain and perform the service for the hardware and software components of the
existing equipment including robots.
• Liaise with manufacturers for equipment and robots repair and servicing.
• Provide technical support for teaching and research activities as required.
• Diagnose and resolve problems and suggest solutions related to lab experiments.
• Carry out specialist technical and experimental procedures. Conduct aerial and ground robots
for experimental setups
• Use CAD/CAM package for 3-D Modelling.
• Maintain accurate records of all techniques, experimental procedures, and any other research
• Ensure compliance with legislation relevant to the area of research/activity.
• Develop operating procedures for the area and equipment usage, including the classification,
labelling, and packaging of substances and mixtures regulation.
• Support internal and external audit procedures and contribute to regulatory inspections
• Provide support for health and safety within the laboratory.
Comply with all current MBZUAI rules and ensure all required assessments are in place,
approved, and up to date.
• Fully understand the safety aspects of equipment operation and be able to demonstrate/train
staff (at all levels) on the correct usage of the equipment.
• Ensure regular maintenance processes are carried out and recorded.
• Proactively maintain stocks of consumables and liaise with the appropriate MBZUAI
department for procurement of consumables, services and equipment.
• Ensure the facilities are maintained in a clean, functional, and safe condition, reporting any
problems through the appropriate channels.
• Ensure that PAT testing, calibration of equipment, and locally and centrally held equipment
inventories are up to date and maintained.
• Ability to work independently on teaching and research related tasks and projects with
medium-longer-term horizons without daily supervision.
• Ability to research, modify and adapt protocols after consulting relevant managers, and
prepare for research experiments. Support students, researchers and instructors in
identifying problems, breaking them down and implementing solutions.
• Undertake any other related duties as assigned by line manager.