My client is UAE’s largest bank and one of the world’s largest and safest
institutions, offers an extensive range of tailor-made financial solutions,
products and services. Headquartered in Abu Dhabi the bank’s international
network spans five continents.
The Enablement & Corporate Functions is responsible for the
Compliance, Risk, Finance, HR, Data warehouse systems. Our service lines
provide the systems that enable and support our personal (retail), corporate
and investment banking businesses.
Enablement & Corporate Functions is looking for a Senior
Architect that has experience and passion building modern applications for
Enablement & Corporate Functions. As a Senior Architect you will be a
technical leader and exemplary practitioner.
Senior Architects are hands-on and lead by example. They deliver
artifacts that set the standard for engineering excellence, from designs to
implementations. They remain close to the details. You will help establish
technical standards and drive bank’s overall technical architecture and
engineering practices. You are expected to produce both detailed technical work
and high-level architectural designs.
You will need exceptionally strong technical skills, strong business
acumen, analytical skills, and be able to deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced
– Define the long-term technical strategy and architecture for
Enablement & Corporate Functions.
– Think big and build foundational / reusable solutions and services.
– Assist in the career development of others, actively mentoring other
members of bank’s architecture and developer community on advanced technical issues.
– Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their
productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
– Lead or contribute to multiple simultaneous product development
efforts and/or technology initiatives.
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
– Experience in building high-performance, highly available and scalable
distributed systems, preferably running on AWS or Azure.
– Expert knowledge in reliability, performance, scalability, enterprise
system architecture, and engineering best practices.
– 5+ years leading large-scale software projects.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Hands-on experience with infrastructure as code services such as AWS
CloudFormation, AWS CDK, Terraform, Azure Resource Manager templates.
– Experience building web and mobile applications for corporate and investment
– Experience with automated deployments using CI/CD pipelines.
– Experience driving large application and infrastructure platform
migrations (and ideally application modernization) to AWS, Azure or GCP.
– Practical Experience and expertise in at least 3 of the following
domains: Compute / Storage / Networking / CDN / Databases / DevOps / AI / ML /
Big Data and Analytics / Security / Applications Development in a distributed
– Experience developing cloud security practices and architecting highly
secure public-facing infrastructures with significant market visibility and
– AWS or Azure certified.
·This is role can be based in Dubai or Abu