Job Title: Senior DevOps
Location: Abu Dhabi
Job Type: Contractual
• Work with product development teams to create and meet development and
• Implement, manage and orchestrate deployment on OpenStack and VMware
• Provide escalation support for Linux sysadmins and for mobile support teams
• Undertake break fix activities joining high profile bridges and investigating root cause. Where appropriate develop mitigation plans. This will include working with Tier Engineering, System Integrators, and Vendors.
• Enjoy all the cultural, educational and travel opportunities Abu Dhabi offers
• Excellent knowledge of Terraform and Ansible
• Good knowledge of log management including ELK, Splunk or equivalent log server technologies.
• Good programming skills and experience in scripting languages like Perl/Shell/Python.
• Knowledge and experience using Chef, Puppet or Ansible automation to deploy and be
able to manage Linux systems in production and CI environments
• Ability to demonstrate a clear, energetic and excited interest in automating everything
(build, test, release/deploy, monitoring, reporting), which includes "Infrastructure as Code"
• 5-7 years of experience in information technology with a focus on Unix/Linux
• A firm understanding of Linux internals and experience in the design, implementation
and maintenance of large-scale virtual and physical UNIX/Linux based infrastructures.
• Bachelor’s Degree in IT a relevant field or High School Diploma and solid related work experience
• A desire to innovate in the UAE
Bachelor’s degree – Field of study (if applicable): Like, BCA Computer Engieering
Certifications in any technology streams are preferred, Cloud certifications desirable
ITIL V3 Practitioner or V4 Foundation preferred
5 + relevant experience in IT Service Management role or similar working in a local or international IT Outsourcing service provider environment. Solid understanding of IT service best practice.
Job Specific Skills
Knowledge of product domain, relevant technologies and the development processes
Knowledge of the global market and technology trends and drivers.
Analytical and systems thinking, conflict resolution and negotiation to involve all stakeholders to drive, implement and institutionalize a change to ensure organizational objectives are met
Technical background on Cloud / IT infrastructure