Senior Officer- General Ledger Control
• Maintain the integrity and reliability of financial information across all systems
• Support and review delegated tasks performed by users and systems
Handle activities related to general ledger control unit assigned by head of the unit & management
Assist the head of the GLC unit to ensure the accuracy of the general ledger
Internal Business Processes
• Initiate requests for the addition/ deletion and changes to the GL accounts from the respective
departments. Serve as point of contact for all other departments with respect to the GL accounts.
• Generate and review the exception reports on a timely basis.
• Extract the Trial Balance on a timely basis to perform reconciliations on various exception reports.
• Initiate and coordinate GL pre-closure and post-closure activities.
• Interface with IT to ensure resolving all issues in timely basis.
• Prepare periodic system ledgers and sub-ledgers reconciliations.
• Handling the BS substantiation process under head of unit supervision
• Adheres to all local and international rules and regulations w/regards to Compliance, AML, KYC and
Sanctions policies and procedures at all times.
Customer/ Stakeholder Interaction
• Prepare the data for internal/external stakeholders.
• Facilitate financial information for internal and external stakeholders.
Undertakes adhoc tasks directed by head of the GLC or head of the department
Education Level – Minimum Preferred
Bachelor Degree in accounting
Professional Qualifications/ Mandatory Licences
Professional qualification is required [CPA-ACCA-CA-CMA-CFA]
A total of 7-10 years’ experience in finance-“banking sector” is a mandatory, preferable in GL Control unit
Technical Competencies – Top 5
Knowledge of Financial Tools-Advance
Financial Accounting and Reporting-Intermediate
Excel and MS office -Advanced