Position: Sr. Solution Architect
The Core Banking Solutions Architect is accountable for architecting and designing
comprehensive solutions that meet business requirements in support of a given portfolio.
Solution architect should liaise with Enterprise, Technical, IT Security and Data architects to
ensure that the solution is aligned with architecture principles, leverage common solutions and
services and technology roadmap. The Solution Architect will be accountable for partnering
product/platform owners, project managers, business analysts and product engineers to
understand the functional requirements and to create Core Banking solutions which fulfills the
business requirements and meet the financial targets. Within the solution development
lifecycle, this role will be accountable for solution evaluation and selection, buy vs. build
decisions, and early-phase project estimates which contribute to the business case. They will
also provide consulting during the application/service development lifecycle. Solution architect
should be able to explain complex problems and its technical solution to management in
• Represent Technology Strategy & Architecture in programs/initiatives.
• Provide technical recommendations and trade-offs which address business needs and timelines.
• Participate in cross-functional, cross-discipline architecture teams to enhance/set architectural
direction for key business initiatives.
• Produce conceptual and logical architectures to meet strategic business, financial, and
technology objectives through documentation of systems, architectures and process flows.
• Ensure alignment of initiative solutions designs with the architecture and technology strategies.
• Develop standards, patterns, and best practices for reuse.
• Promote design adherence to bank policies and standards, architectural principles, and
• Effectively communicate designs/solutions in multiple forums and to various audiences
including technology and business stakeholders
• Drive buy vs. build decisions based on reviewing products and capabilities within the enterprise
as well as leading industry products and technologies
Required Skills / Experience:
• At least 12 years of technology experience with 4 years of banking/financial services experience
and 2 to 3 years as Solution/Technology architect (Solution design experience)
• Experience in banking domain, specifically in Core Banking systems (mandatory)
• Broad based IT knowledge and experience (Hardware, Financial Software,
• Hands-on programming experience with any popular programming languages: Java, .NET, etc.
• Knowledge in various Enterprise integration patterns
• Experience of PaaS/IaaS; hands-on experience in any popular cloud service: Azure, Amazon
AWS, Google Cloud
• Industry best practices in architectural methodologies and standards (e.g., Zachman, TOGAF
• Experience in an Agile environment and coaching others in this approach
• Excellent communication / stakeholder skills