Job Description: Senior DevOps Engineer
We are seeking a highly experienced and skilled Senior DevOps Engineer to join our dynamic team. As a
Senior DevOps Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in driving automation, ensuring the stability,
scalability, and availability of our products, and contributing to the ongoing success of our organization.
With a minimum of 10 years of hands-on experience in large organizations and a strong technical
background, you will be responsible for implementing and managing various automation tools,
orchestrating configuration management, and upholding the principles of DevOps and SRE (Site
• Proven expertise in Linux internals, preferably with experience in RHEL and Ubuntu.
• Comprehensive understanding of DevOps, IaC (Infrastructure as Code), and 12 Factor principles.
• Strong hands-on experience with configuration management, orchestration, and IaC tools such as
Ansible, Jenkins, and Terraform.
• Proficiency in Repository and Artifact management tools, including Red Hat Satellite, Spacewalk, and
• Familiarity with Agile methodologies and ceremonies, contributing to effective project execution.
• Ability to own multiple services and take the autonomy to devise solutions that align with the business
needs and customer requirements in the IT domain.
• Demonstrate problem-solving skills by resolving occurring issues and creating effective solutions and
automation to prevent their recurrence.
• Willingness to provide support on-call, ensuring high availability and reliability of critical systems.
• Possess a conceptual understanding of infrastructure components, DNS (Authoritative and Non-
Authoritative DNS, Dynamic and bind DNS, Forwarder), SSL Communication (Handshake of SSL traffic,
Cipher Suites, Encryption Algorithms), Active Directory (Security OUs, policies), and certificates (SAN,
client-authentication, keystores, mutual SSL).
• Familiarity with Load balancers, Site Selectors, and Firewall Vault Tools (Cyberark / Hashicorp) is
• Experience in architecting, writing, and implementing software to enhance product stability,
scalability, and availability.
• Proficient scripting skills in Groovy (writing Jenkins Files), Bash, PowerShell, and Python.
• Strong adherence to GITOPS driven configuration management and deployment strategies.
• Familiarity and open-mindedness towards Open Source technologies, along with a security awareness
• Adequate understanding of project management methodologies.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to facilitate effective collaboration and
• Prior experience in the Banking domain.
• Knowledge in Windows internals.
• Strong understanding of Virtualization Technologies (KVM / Libvirt / oVirt / KubeVirt, OVM,
• Proficiency in Software Defined Storage Technologies (CEPH, GlusterFS).
• Strong understanding of Container Technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift).
• Familiarity with ELK and its beats (Auditbeat, FileBeat).
• Strong grasp of OS Compliance Policies (CIS Benchmark).
Education and Certification:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Red Hat Certified Architect or Equivalent certification.