Job Title: – Technology Engineer (Oracle)
Job Location: Dubai – UAE
Job Duration: Long term – 12 months extendable
Task and responsibilities:
• Support technology projects as an Oracle database engineer.
• Work with application developers and system architects to design the database schema and data
• Install and configure Oracle database software and associated tools and utilities.
• Ensure that the database is running smoothly by performing routine maintenance tasks such as
backup and recovery, database replication, database patching, and database monitoring.
• Analyse database performance issues and optimize database performance through query
optimization, index creation, and other performance tuning techniques.
• Implement database security protocols.
• Develop and implement disaster recovery plans.
• Maintain detailed documentation of the database environment, including database design,
configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
• Provide technical support to end-users and other IT professionals who use the database.
Technical Skills and qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science
• 4+ years hands on experience as an Oracle technology Engineer in large organizations
• Banking background is a must.
• Excellent knowledge in Oracle database administration
• Excellent knowledge in Real Application Clusters (RAC), Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM),
Recovery Manager (RMAN)
• Excellent knowledge in Oracle Data guard
• Excellent knowledge in database patching, Performance Tuning, Database migration
• Good knowledge of SQL and/or PL/SQL
• Good knowledge of Unix/Linux operating systems
• Good knowledge of Agile working practices
• Good knowledge of modern automation technologies (e.g., Ansible, Jenkins, Terraform)
• Good knowledge of scripting (Bash, Python)
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Good analytical skills and problem-solving skills.